The mission of New Mexico Advocates for Social Justice, acting in accordance with New Mexico Counseling Association (NMCA) and Counselors for Social Justice (CSJ), is to promote social justice by:
- Promoting a consciousness of social justice through inclusive dialogue within the counseling profession
- Contributing to the process of developing personal and professional competencies in advocacy and social justice
- Fostering individual, family, and community wellness within cultural contexts
- Engaging in mutual and equitable relationships that cultivate communication and collaboration among communities through outreach and networking
- Providing a proactive and non-violent presence in the challenge to generate social consciousness within oppressive systems
Message From Our President
CRISTINA APODACA, MA
On behalf of the New Mexico Counseling Association -Advocates for Social Justice Division, I would like to welcome you to our web page, and look forward to hearing from you soon. As a division, we seek to address the issues that call forth members of the counseling profession to support their clients outside the standard counseling professional’s responsibilities.
The Advocates for Social Justice Division is a haven to bring up issues that can be difficult to discuss, such as race, gender identification and socio-economic status. There is discussion, resource dissemination, and training available to address these issues.
Our division is looking for more members to get involved. If you are interested, or want more information, please contact me at email@example.com, or 505-690-7592, in Santa Fe.
Cristina Apodaca, MA, Professional Mental Health & Rehabilitation Counseling
Visit our FaceBook page here
Message From Our Membership Officer
Thank you for visiting the New Mexico Advocates for Social Justice website. As you can imagine, given the current political climate, our Division keeps busy with current events and social justice issues. As such, we welcome your help and your interest in our Division. As Advocates for Social Justice, we seek to provide knowledge, information, support, and hope around New Mexico’s social justice issues. Such issues can affect our workplaces, our communities, our families, our friends, ourselves. As Advocates, we can work together to change and improve our wonderful state and the social justice issues we face. If you have any questions or concerns along these lines or would like to join New Mexico Advocates for Social Justice, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, thanks for everything you do to insure social justice throughout our state.
NMASJ 2017-2018 Board Members
Cristina Apodaca, MA
Dr. Kitty Fallon
Laura Woodring, LMHC
Jayne Ash, LMHC
Kelli Livermore, LPCC