Our hearts go out to all who were painfully impacted by the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia Saturday. This event poignantly reminds us we have much healing to do in our efforts to embrace difference in our communities. Please also remember that we, as counselors, can make a positive contribution by advocating for social justice and by teaching non-violent communication skills in our offices and communities. The following resources can be helpful as we strive for empathy, justice, and reconciliation.
- American Counseling Association Resources on Advocacy: https://www.counseling.org/search-results?q=Advocacy
- Multicultural Counseling Competencies: http://www.counseling.org/Resources/Competencies/Multcultural_Competencies.pdf
- ACA Counselors for Social Justice – https://counseling-csj.org/
- NM Advocates for Social Justice – http://nmca-nm.org/about/divisions/nmasj/
- Center for Non-Violent Communication: https://www.cnvc.org/
- Arnold Mindell’s Website ~ Applying Processwork to Communities and World Issues: http://www.aamindell.net/worldwork/